Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fear cannot be without hope nor hope without fear.

Hi everyone, we had a full day today and finally got some answers about Dani's surgery.   Most of my day was spent with Dani and Dion at the hospital.   Dion and I had lunch in the hospital cafateria while Dani was getting her heart cath done.  They have some really good food there!  Its a short walk from the cafateria to their room so it will be a good place while Dani is recovering for them to go and eat.
     I finally found some time after lunch to hop a cab and get over to little row house.  I met Jack the owner and he showed me around and let me know how everything worked around there.  Its really peaceful.  Im sure it will be nice to come  and get rest during the next weeks ahead as Dani recovers from her surgery. 
    They finally did come tonight to Danis room and tell her they are going to proceed with the surgery.  It will be extensive and they plan on taking out the old aortic graft and replacing it with a new one and removing her aortic and mitor valve and replacing them with  mechanical ones.  They will be taking her to surgery at 11 am. When i left her room tonight to come back here she seemed calm and relaxed. Dion will be staying through the night with her tonight.   I will wake early and catch a bus across town to the hospital and spend the morning with her till they take her to surgery. 
     With a little help from the nice ppl of the great city of brotherly love I actually made it to and from the hospital on the philly bus system today.   I returned here about 730 pm as most ppl told me not to be out riding the busses or walking alone in the city after dark.  Dani had a long day with the cath procedure and they had a bit of a hard time getting the bleeding to stop after the procedure.   They had to apply pressure several times before they got it to form a clot and stop bleeding.  She had to lay flat on her back most of the day.  She was so relieved when they told her she could get up and move to a different position.  Dion and i walked over to this little sandwich shop called potbelly and ordered sandwiches and got Dani some home made potato soup.   She loved it! 
    It was only about 2 hours ago that I learned exactally what they had planned to do for Dani's surgery and my mind is a jumble of emotions.  It's absolutely silent in this house now.   I'm frozen in my seat.  My computer says it 838 pm and my phone says 10:38 pm .  I know my phone is right. 
       Dani asks for all your prayers.  I took this picture this morning of Dani sitting in a chair in her room at the Penn Tower right after I braided her hair.  Behined her is her prayer quilt that her church made for her.  Good night.... Vel.

2 comments:

  1. May 11, I was going thru some old pictures of Dani last night. I found the picture of Dani in Mexico, she was sitting on a wall at the park in Kino Bay just balling her eyes out. She was being a testy that day and we deciced that we would fool her into thinking that we were leaving when we weren't. I tried reinstalling the HP scan program so I could scan and paste here, but to no avial. Oh, I wanted to paste the picture of her with the paraquette on her head or the one were she was sitting on the boat pot with a snorkle and mask on or the one were she was cooking her own fish she caught at the age of 4. Love you Dani and talk with you after the surgery.

    ReplyDelete