Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.

Hi everyone,  I had a really nice mothers day today.  I woke and took the bus to the hospital, and on my way up to Dani's room I called my mother to wish her a happy mothers day.  She had just gotten up and was relaxing watching TV and getting ready to eat breakfast.  I have the most loving, caring, considerate, thoughtful, mom in the whole wide world.  I wish I could have been there today to spend mothers day with her. 
     After my call to mom I headed up to Dani's room in the hospital.  When I got there she was laying in her bed.   When I leaned in to give her a hug and a kiss I looked over and noticed a beautiful vace of roses and a card.  She had this big grin on her face and told me "Happy Mothers day mom, you didnt think I'd forget did ya?"    Wow it just made me well up with tears to know that with all my daughter was going through she still took the time to think about me on mothers day.  I am the luckiest mom in the world!
      I sat with her and enjoyed the morning  and then we went to her room in the hotel (the hospital was letting her go back and forth to her room),  She took a shower and I french braided her hair so it wont get all messed up in surgery tomorrow.  Then the 3 of us went to potbelly's  for lunch . They wouldn't let me buy my lunch.  They bought me soup and sandwich and we sat at a nice sunny window and enjoyed lunch together. 
    We all went back to her hospital room as she didnt want to be away too long in case they needed her for something.  Then the 3 of us all fell asleep. took a nice nap.  later in the day Dani was craving a milk shake so back we went to potbelly's and had milkshakes.  It was getting late in the day so i left the kids and caught the bus back to my little row house before it started to get dark. 
   Dani will have her surgery in the morning so I will need to wake early as we will be having a long day ahead
   When I got back here i called her to let her know that I arrived safely and then called my wonderful hubby to see how his day went.  He told me he had taken my mom out to lunch. That just made me so happy!   Thanks honey, Im so lucky to have you in my life!  I know how much mom loves you too!  Your the best! I love you so much!  Here She is on her 85th birthday.  She just turned 86 in April! 
   So now im going to try and relax a bit because tomorrow will be a big day. I will keep you posted as much as possible tomorrow.  The surgery is going to be long and complicated.  She will have the very best team of doctors working on her in the nation tomorrow. The rest is up to god.  Good night everyone, I hope u all had as good of a mothers day as I did!  Vel

No comments:

Post a Comment